Senior Chemical Engineer
- Work with the engineering team to design and prototype development of novel bioprocess equipment to enable reliable, cost-reductive downstream biopharmaceutical purification and processing.
- Perform computational modeling and theoretical calculations, requiring strong knowledge of liquid handling, fluidics, fluid flow, fluid dynamics, mass transfer and heat transfer.
- Work with the engineering and bioanalytical teams to design and perform appropriate experiments to test and evaluate equipment prototypes.
- Provide strong chemical engineering expertise in bioprocess technology design reviews.
- Communicate design concepts, troubleshooting ideas, results, and observations to the analytical, engineering, and process development teams through strong written and oral communication skills.
- Develop effective working relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Maintain GLP compliant lab records, lab notebooks, and procedures.
- Maintain a safety-first approach to science and engineering.
- Think creatively, problem solve, and develop innovative solutions based on sound scientific and engineering reasoning.
- Other duties as required.
PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related field with 2-5 years of relevant hands-on research experience with protein expression, protein purification, or separation science,
MS in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related field with 5-8 years of relevant hands-on research experience with protein expression, protein purification, or separation science,
BS in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related field with 8+ years of relevant hands-on research experience with protein expression, protein purification, or separation science.
- Experience with downstream biopharmaceutical processing and related equipment and instrumentation, including, centrifugation, depth filtration, affinity chromatography, ion-exchange chromatography, tangential flow filtration, ultrafiltration/diafiltration.
- Experience in the design and development of equipment for applications in life sciences.
- High level of proficiency in COMSOL for fluid flow applications, simulations, and modeling.
- Strong knowledge of applied science and engineering principles, including chemistry, physics, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, mass transfer, and heat transfer.
- Strong working knowledge of and ability to select fluid control components and systems, including fittings, liquid handling lines, valves, gauges, sensors, and pumps.
- Experience and skill in selecting materials and components based on design criteria and biological/chemical process compatibility.
- Ability to design and execute controlled experiments with a strong attention to detail is essential.
- General knowledge in mechanical, electrical, and controls engineering disciplines.
- Driven self-starter with capability to work independently as well as on interdisciplinary teams with chemists, biochemist, biophysicists, biomedical engineers, chemical engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, controls engineers, analytical chemists, materials scientists, biologists, etc.
- Comfortable working on high risk technologies in a fast paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office and statistical analysis software.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
Mobius Biomedical offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, Incentive Stock Options (ISOs), medical, dental, and vision benefits, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending account (FSA), and life insurance.
Position Type: Full-time
Position Location: Lowell, MA
Authorization to work in the U.S. is required.