- Design experiments to develop methods for the characterization of biopharmaceutical products, including proteins and other biologic macromolecules, using spectrophotometric, chromatographic, and other analytical and bioanalytical instrumentation.
- Develop UV-Vis spectrometry, HPLC/UPLC, microplate reader, SEC, affinity chromatography, ion-exchange chromatography (IEX), hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC), circular dichroism, BCA assay, Bradford assay, ELISA, gel electrophoresis, SDS-PAGE, Wester Blot, Isoelectric focusing, ITC, SPR, and other bioanalytical methods.
- Work with interdisciplinary R&D teams to design and perform appropriate analytical experiments to advance process technology development.
- Work with the engineering and process development teams to develop methods for “in-process” and “in-line” testing.
- Design and execute method qualifications and validations.
- Maintain and troubleshoot analytical instruments.
- Communicate results and observations to the analytical, engineering, and process development teams through strong written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain GLP compliant lab records, lab notebooks, and procedures.
- Maintain a safety first approach to science.
- Think creatively, problem solve, and develop innovative solutions based on sound scientific analysis.
- Other duties as required.
PhD in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or Bioanalytical Chemistry with 2-5 years of hands-on experience with analytical measurements and instrumental analysis in the biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry,
MS in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or Bioanalytical Chemistry with 5-8 years of hands-on experience with analytical measurements and instrumental analysis in the biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Experience with biopharmaceutical products, including the purification and characterization of proteins and monoclonal antibodies.